Saturday 21 February 2015

Saturday 21st February

Ashley Greene
Some nice fixtures in this afternoons Premier League. New managers and managers under pressure always adds a different dimension to things so that offers a slightly different edge on things.

Aston Villa v Stoke City

Tim Sherwood arrives at Villa Park for his first game properly in charge. It seems the Villa fans I've been chatting to almost think he's as good as he thinks he is himself! I'm sorry but I just have a nagging doubt about his abilities. I hope he does well and keeps Villa up though as they are a big club that really should be copmeting. There is no denying that the feel good factor of the appointment should have the home fans in full voice but Stoke are a canny bunch. I think this will probably be a score draw but could go either way. It's a no bet for me I'm afraid.

Chelsea v Burnley

What can I say about this one? Well Nick Griffin should probably attend to canvas support if all the media hype is to be believed! Apart from that I can only see aq home win here. Is 1.21 a fair price? I think it is actually a few points generous so I'm on it!

MY BET: Chelsea to win @ 1.21 for £200 (Potential Profit: £40.11)

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

There is something about this fixture that just makes we want to back Palace. I know Arsenal on paper are the better side and Selhurst Park offers no intimidation to them as they are unbeaten on the ground in 35 years! But sometimes you just get the feeling. Maybe Arsenal will have their minds drifting towards the Champions League tie in a few day? Who knows. I was tempted to just lay Arsenal at 1.83 but I'm going to have a dabble on Palace for the win.

MY BET: Crystal Palace to win @ 5.10 for £25 (Potential Profit: £97.89)

Hull City v Queens Park Rangers

Last time out QPR picked up their first away win (which I backed here Yay!) without Charlie Austin. He's back today so can they overcome Hull? I fancy them to get something from this game. Is it the new manager factor playing a part again? Maybe. Maybe I'm just a sucker for it? I think both teams have some decent players and have probably underachieved so far. Both will be desperate to add points to keep clear of the drop zone. I'm having a little dabble on QPR again in this.

MY BET: QPR to win @ 4.5 for £25 (Potential Profit: £83.56)

Sunderland v West Bromich Albion

Another match where the influence of the managers is possibly greater than the teams! But what a contrast we have. West Brom have Tony Pulis working his magic at another club whilst Gus Poyet is having all sorts of bother at the Stadium of Light. Oddly for Poyet, he may have preferred an away match today to get some respite from the home crowd. Unfortunately he's at home and I just think this is only going in one direction for him. I fancy a West Brom win here but don't like the odds so it's a no bet from me.

Swansea City v Manchester United

It's been said by pretty much everyone who isn't a Man Utd supporter for a couple of months now that United are going to come unstuck at some stage as they aren't a good side. But they just keep getting results, deservedly or not they are 3rd in the league and the form team at the moment. Swansea are not going to recover from the loss of Bony this season in my opinion but have doen enough to be safe. The question here is, are Utd good enough to keep winning? Personally I don't think they are but today might not be the day they get beaten. I fancy a draw but I'm not having a bet on this one.

Good luck and Happy Punting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Site

Privacy Policy

Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux