Sunday 2 January 2011

Tennis: Alisa Kleybanova v Sally Peers

As you can see the first match of the WTA season is not exactly a beauty pageant!

How sexist I here you cry! Oh well I think Peers shades it on the looks front but that picture is actually quite flattering for her!

As for the tennis well Kleybanova should have this at a canter, the only concerns would be that Peers will have home advantage and that it is so early in the season so no form guide.

Probably straight sets but I'll just sit and wait a while I think. Hopefully if Kleybanova serves 1st she will be broken and then we could get some realistic odds. 1.08 is too short for my blood. Maybe that means there's value in the lay???

We shall see in good time.

Happy Punting!

Well Peers has fought back from 0-2* to lead 3*-2 in the 1st set. Yet still only 1.20 available on Kleybanova. I would have accepted that if she had been broken 1st game not after losing 3 in a row! Should be 1.26ish in my book.

LOL 3-3* Show how little I know! Just wish there was more liquidity in this as their looks like ther could be some nice short profits available in this match.

Kleybanova turned up the heat obviously to take the 1st set 3-6.

Kleybanova gets the 1st break in the 2nd for a 2-3* lead.

Peers not rolling over here though it would seeem! Break back for 3*-3.

Now it could be interesting! Peers broke to take the 2nd 6-4. She's serving 1st in the 3rd which may not be an advantage if the nerves start to bite. 1.29 for Kleybanova doesn't interest me yet. Time to watch and wait I think.

Meanwhile just watching Rogue trader on TV. Christ I thought some of my positions have been bad!

Hmmm could be a big gubbing here! 2*-0 Peers!

3-0* Peers. Odds very high on Kley now imho 3.50 yet only 1 break.... hold a little longer...

lol from 40-15 to break! 4*-0 Peers!

5-0* Glad I avoided this one now! Though that's 2 hours of my life for £0.00 I'd be better off at MacDonalds!

OK I'm in!!! Got 1.07 at 5*-1 Serve it out Sally!!!
15-0 ... 30-0 ... Aussie Aussie Aussie!!! ... 30-15 ... 30-30 ... gulp! ... 40-30 MP#1 TAKE IT!!! ... ffs Deuce ... MP#2 This time Sally!!! ... Deuce ... BP#1 ffs!!! BREAK :-(

5-2* OK Kley to serve to stay in the match! C'mon Peers let's get over the finish line!

15-0 ... 15-15 ... 15-30 ... 30-30 ... 40-30 ... Holds

5*-3 Serve it out this time Sally please otherwise my book will make Nick Leeson's look good!

15-0 ... 15-15 ... 15-30 oh how I've missed WTA! ... 15-40 LOL mental collapse!!! ... 30-40 ... c'mon Sally fight!! Deuce ... MP#3 Retsore some sporting pride for the Aussies girl!!!

Yesss never in doubt!











Peers Wins 3-6 6-4 6-3
Profit: £19.44

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Site

Privacy Policy

Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux