Monday 2 November 2009

Christmas is coming

Well Halloween is out of the way now and for those in Britain we just have Guy Fawkes night on Thursday then nothing till Christmas (St Andrew's night apart). I am merely musing over this as I am currently enjoying my first mince pie of the year.

It's a Sainsbury's taste the difference one, and I can highly recommend them. Though my favourite mince pie for mass consumption over recent years have been the standard Tesco ones. Nothing beats my mum's home made ones though with the caramelised chewy bits that have bubbled out in the cooking process.

One of the reason's I was wandering about dates is the whole thanksgiving in America thing. They make a big fuss of this and treat it almost like a second Christmas. However having spent two thanksgiving's in the State in the past I don't get what all the fuss is about. Just spend a weekend in rural England. Pretty much every winters Sunday is exactly the same as far I can tell!!

Anyway happy Sunday for yesterday and here's to lots of mince pies over the next 8 weeks or so :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Site

Privacy Policy

Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux