Saturday 17 October 2009

Samantha Stosur v Francesca Schiavone

And so to the final! Interesting one this as Stosur's result against Wozniacki really made me sit up and take notice.

Her start to the US hardcourt season was really impressive and I expected her to do well at the US Open. Unfortunately her performance didn't match my expectations and hasn't really done much since before this week. However perhaps her last two weeks can be excused somewhat by the injury she picked up (abdominal strain) but we never really know the extent of the injuries so it's hard to gauge.

Schiavone is a grafter of a player but Stosur on form has the ability to blow her off the court. She's had a good few results this week especially the result against Mirza! A 6-0 2nd set loss against Chan the other day on the other hand is a bit of a shock to say the least though. The 3-1 head to head adds some more weight to the arguemnet which leads me to only one conclusion.

My money goes with the favourite here. Going to be asleep when they play so going to use my profit from today's tennis here.

£60 @ 1.44 seems a very fair price to me and I fully expect victory here.

Please feel free to add your opinions :) Good Luck!!

Stosur Wins 7-5 6-1
Profit: £25.32

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Search This Site

Privacy Policy

Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux